We are happy to report this year the Lenten season will begin with Ash Wednesday service on March 6th, noon at Central and the next five Wednesdays Lenten Luncheon will be held at one of the Staunton 8 UM churches with different guest speakers. Lenten observation will end on April 21st (Easter Sunday) with SonRise Service at St. Paul UMC at 6:30 am followed by hearty breakfast at St. Paul UMC prepared by Men’s group of that church.
As before, we will meet at noon to hear a message delivered by a pastor and share a lunch and fellowship around 12:30 pm. Our theme this year is “Living as the body of Christ”. See the complete schedule below:
– March 13 @ Marquis Memorial; guest speaker: Dave Rochford
– March 20 @ Central; guest speaker: Tizzy von Trapp Walker
– March 27 @ Cherryvale; guest speaker: Sarah Locke
– April 3 @ St. John’s; guest speaker: Won Un
– April 10 @ Christ; guest speaker: Sarah Payne
– April 21 Sonrise Service @ St Paul; followed by breakfast @ St. Paul’s; guest speaker: Norman Ramsey