“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat…” – Matthew 25:35
Many of our members have felt called to action in providing nutritious food for those in need. We have various food ministries that stem from our Food Pantry ministry. These include:
- Food Pantry: Central operates a thriving Food Pantry every Wednesday and Saturday from 10:00 – 11:30 AM on the first floor. The Food Pantry receives food weekly from the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank in Verona.
- Food Lion Ministry. Central receives food weekly from Food Lion and distributes this to those who come to the Food Pantry.
- Go Pantry: Central delivers food to those who cannot make it to the Food Pantry.
- Agape Noon Lunch: Once a month, we prepare and serve lunch at Trinity Episcopal Church.
- Agape Baskets: We provide baskets of food for students of low-income families. Enough food is provided for students to have nutritious meals on weekends during the school year and weekdays during summer break.
- Valley Mission: Once a week, we deliver food to the Valley Mission.